There’s nothing like a good ol’ hot dog that’s been smothered in chili. But what if we told you that this ultimate comfort food could get even better — and we mean way better — than it already is? This recipe takes your average hot dog, turns it into a pile of pigs in a blanket, and pairs them with a ton of chili and cheese. Tastes like heaven.
CHILI CHEESE DIP DOGS
What you need
- 1 pkg of croissant dough
- 6 hot dogs
- 200 ml chili
- 200 g fresh cheese
- 1 handful cheddar, grated
- scallions, chopped and to taste for garnish
What you do
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Open package of dough and roll it out.
- Cut dough into 16 strips.
- Cut each hot dog into three, and wrap a piece of dough around each one.
- Arrange hot dogs in a circle within pan.
- Combine chili, cheese and half of cheddar in bowl, and pour into middle of pan.
- Place leftover cheddar over dip.
- Pop pan into oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven, sprinkle scallions on dip and serve.
Recipe adapted from Motion Cooking