Finding healthier alternatives to our favourite comfort foods is something we always work towards, but don’t always commit to. This recipe might just change that. It’s crispy, hearty enough to hold all of your favourite toppings, oh, and full of cheese. It’s also easier to make than traditional pizza dough from scratch, so what’s not to love?
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup of freshly grated Parmesan or mozzarella cheese.
- 1/8 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ tablespoon of freshly ground black pepper
WHAT YOU DO
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse cauliflower and remove the outer leaves while separating it into florets with a paring knife.
- Place the cauliflower florets in a food processor and process until you get a rice texture.
- Spread the cauliflower on a the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the cooked cauliflower from the oven and place it in a bowl lined with double or triple layered cheesecloth.
- Squeeze as much of the liquid out of the cauliflower cheesecloth ball as you can.
- Increase your oven temperature to 450 degrees F.
- Place cauliflower in a mixing bowl and add egg, cheese, herb seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Transfer this mixture back to the same baking sheet and flatten with your hands until a thin pizza crust is formed.
- Bake again for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Top with your favourite pizza toppings, bake, and enjoy!