Any recipe that includes the word ‘puff’ is pretty much guaranteed to be amazing. Add in the words ‘potato,’ ‘cheese’ and ‘bacon,’ and there’s no turning back. This mashed potato puff recipe uses all those ingredients, plus, everyone loves little mini snacks (mostly because that means you can eat more of them, right?). Throw these together for your next party (or solo night in) or just to use up leftover mashed potatoes.
CHEESY MASHED POTATO PUFFS
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup chives, minced, plus extra for garnish
- ¼ cup bacon, crumbled
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Sour cream, for garnish
WHAT YOU DO
- Preheat oven to 350F and liberally grease 1 to 2 mini muffin pans.
- In a large bowl, stir mashed potatoes and eggs together until combined. Fold in cheddar cheese, chives, and bacon, and season with onion powder and garlic powder.
- Using an ice cream scoop or spoon, fill mini muffin tins with potato mixture and sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top.
- Place muffin tin(s) in oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until tops are golden brown and springy to the touch, and cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before serving with sour cream. Enjoy!