Kale, miso and citrus. That’s a trifecta of umami right there. You’ve got your hearty veg, your fresh fruit and the salty and earthy miso to balance it all out. That’s the kind of salad you could serve to someone who hates salad. Everyone will be asking for seconds.
Kale & Sunkist Orange Salad with Oyster Mushrooms and Miso Dressing
Serves 4 – 6
What you need
2 teaspoons white miso paste
3 tablespoons fresh squeezed Sunkist® orange juice
2 tablespoons fresh squeezed Sunkist lime juice
2 teaspoons sesame oil
3 tablespoons canola oil
2 Sunkist Oranges
2 tablespoons canola oil
16 oyster mushrooms, cleaned, large pieces torn in half (about 1/2 pound)
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
6 cups Baby Kale
How it’s made
- Whisk the miso paste and citrus juices in a small bowl.
- Then slowly whisk in the oils until combined.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cut the peel off the oranges and then segment using a small paring knife. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick sauté pan.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté until crispy about, 2 -3 minutes per side.
- Add in the sesame seeds and stir, then remove from the heat and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the orange segments, baby kale and dressing.
- Toss to combine. Serve immediately.