These rainbow ice cream cookies look adorable, taste amazing and won’t melt if you leave them out of the freezer. Whip these up in a flash and stick them on top of mini ice cream cones for a throw-back dessert that looks and tastes just like childhood.
RAINBOW ICE CREAM COOKIES
WHAT YOU NEED
- 250 grams (8.8oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon bubblegum flavouring
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
WHAT YOU DO
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and flavouring. Mix well.
- Mix dry ingredients and add a little at a time to butter mixture. Mix until flour is completely incorporated and the dough comes together.
- Wrap in plastic wrap, and let chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 165°C / 330°F.
- Using a one tablespoon measure, or an ice cream scoop, make ice cream scoop shapes, cutting off excess with a bread knife.
- Bake on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper for 16 minutes or until just beginning to move with ease on the parchment paper.
- Let stand and cool for 10 minutes, and then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- Stick the finished cookies onto mini ice cream cones, or eat them as is!
Recipe adapted from Cake Style