Carbs. You either love ’em or you hate ’em. Us? We love them. Like, a lot. So naturally, when we found a recipe that combined mashed potatoes, cheese and lasagna noodles, it was love at first bite. Feel free to plate with a side salad for a little nutrition, but we won’t blame you if you take your pierogi lasagna with a side of pierogi lasagna. You’re probably going to go for seconds anyway, so why not just be upfront about it!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 6 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups grated cheddar
- 1/2 cup butter
- salt and pepper to taste
WHAT YOU DO
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package instructions and set aside.
- Melt butter in large skillet. Add onions, salt and pepper, and sauté over medium heat until soft (approximately 10 minutes).
- Place 4 lasagna noodles in the bottom of greased baking dish.
- Layer 3 cups of mashed potatoes evenly on top of noodles.
- Top potatoes with half of the sauteed onions.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of cheese on top of onions.
- Add another layer of noodles and repeat steps 7 and 8.
- Top with another layer of noodles and 1 cup of cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.