Feeling like a tart? Who can blame you. Whenever you have a craving for something sweet, don’t always think chocolate. Lemon desserts are underrated, and we’re not entirely sure why. You get the sour pucker and the sweetness, so where’s the problem here? If you’re looking for a burst of citrus with your dessert, look no further than this glorious lemon tart. It’s summer in a shell.
Sunkist Lemon Tart
Makes one 9-inch tart
Chef’s note: Use your favorite recipe for tart shell crust and pre bake before filling and baking. You can also use a purchased pie crust – just press out into a tart pan, prick with a fork and pre-bake in a 350 F oven for about 18 minutes.
What you need
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed Sunkist lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Sunkist lemon zest
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 9-inch par-baked tart shell
How it’s made
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a mixer whisk together the eggs, sugar, lemon juice and zest.
- Then add the cream and continue to mix until well combined.
- Pour into par-baked tart shell. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until firm when jiggled. Chill before serving.