We may not all be master chefs in the kitchen, but there’s a good chance you have a slow cooker collecting dust on your counter top. Maybe you’re one of the smart ones that uses it regularly, but if you’re like us, you need a little inspiration to get back in the habit. This baked ziti dish is just the trick. You can never go wrong with cheesy pasta, and this perfectly easy meal will have the whole family asking for seconds. The hardest part is waiting to eat it as you smell the cheese melt. Try it out tonight!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 eggs
- 15 oz Ricotta
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tbsp rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 1 lb penne noodles
- 3 cup Italian cheese
WHAT YOU DO
- In a bowl, mix together eggs, ricotta, basil, garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Add two cups of marinara sauce to your slow cooker.
- Top with 1/3 lb of penne noodes.
- Add 1/2 of ricotta mixture and spread out evenly on top of noodles.
- Top with 1 cup of Italian cheese.
- Add another 1/3 lb of penne noodles.
- Add the other half of your ricotta mixture.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of Italian cheese on top.
- Add remaining 1/3 of penne noodles.
- Cook in slow-cooker on high for 3-4 hours.
- With 30 minutes remaining, add another cup of Italian cheese.
- Serve, and enjoy!