Lasagna is the ultimate comfort food. Layers of cheese, sauce, meat and more cheese practically ooze love from it’s piping hot place on your plate. If you love lasagna so much, why wait until dinner to grab yourself a slice? Let yourself have some for breakfast, and lunch and dinner without feeling judged. That’s right, we’re encouraging you to eat this lasagna for every meal (even for breakfast). Breakfast is the most important meal of the day after all–so make it special with a plate piled high with noodles, bacon, ham and cheese. Meal time has never been so good.
OVERNIGHT BREAKFAST LASAGNE
What you need
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 9 cooked lasagna noodles
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup cooked ham, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
What you do
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish lightly with nonstick spray.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onion until soft and translucent for around 8-10 minutes. (Alternatively, you can cook onions in bacon grease).
- Add in milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to medium and whisk flour into milk. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until thickened. Then, whisk in 1 cup cheddar cheese, stirring until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth.
- Place 3 lasagna noodles on top of sauce. Sprinkle on 1/3 bacon, ham and onions, followed by 1/3 remaining cheddar cheese and 1/3 Swiss cheese.
- Repeat step six for two more layers.
- Pour beaten eggs evenly over lasagna, and top with parmesan cheese.
- Put lasagna in fridge overnight, or bake immediately.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes in oven (until eggs are just set and cheese is golden brown).
- Take lasagna out of oven and enjoy.