Drop the salsa and put away the cheese. You deserve to know about this mouthwatering creation before you host another family get-together.
This tomatillo queso dip is, without a doubt, both the queen of all salsas and the ruler of cheese. The combination of tomatillo verde sauce with spice is what will give your dip the edge it needs. Who could refuse?
TOMATILLO QUESO DIP
What you need
- 1 (12 oz.) jar tomatillo verde sauce
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles
- 16 oz. mozzarella cheese, cut into cubes
- 8 oz. fontina cheese, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Tortilla chips
What you do
- Set oven to broil (set to low if you have more than one setting) and place rack on second highest position from the top
- Mix tomatillo sauce, chiles and lemon juice until combined in large bowl.
- In oven-proof skillet, drizzle in olive oil. Then make small pile of cheese cubes in center of pan.
- Pour tomatillo chile sauce in a circle around the edge of cubed cheese.
- Put skillet in oven and broil for 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is bubbles and starts to brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes, then add cilantro and green onions for garnish.
- Serve with tortilla chips.