When you’re looking for a snack, chickpeas probably aren’t at the forefront of your mind. Well, it’s time to change that because these roasted chickpeas are both crazy good and good for you. Chickpeas have been linked to weight loss and have a ton of fibre, so though this snack may be addictive, that’s okay! Do up a big batch and you’ll always have some on hand when you need an energy boost or a late night Netflix treat.
CRISPY GARBANZO BEANS
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 can unsalted garbanzo beans/chickpeas, drained & rinsed with water
- 1/2 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
WHAT YOU DO
- Pre-heat a medium size non-stick pan over medium-high heat with 2 tbsp EVOO.
- Put the garbanzo beans in a bowl along with the next 4 ingredients and 1 tbsp EVOO, mix until well combined.
- Dump the beans in the pan and cook for 5-10 minutes until crispy on the outside, shaking the pan every minute or so.
- Toss these bad boys in salads or devour them by the handful.
Recipe adapted from Flavcity