If desserts had a Prime Minister, it would
probably definitely be the chocolate chip cookie. Some people like cupcakes, some people like chips, but everyone loves chocolate chip cookies. They’re the ultimate comfort food, and they also happen to be totally simple to make. And, since everyone and their dog has their own perfect family recipe, the variations are endless! Actually, now that we think about it, they might even deserve their own food group. Case in point? These little minty, chocolaty, green masterpieces. This fresh take on an old favourite is exactly what your recipe folder has been waiting for.
MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 cup soft butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 10 drops green food colouring
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 bag of chocolate chips
WHAT YOU DO
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In large mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar and beat with electric mixer.
- Add eggs and beat until smooth
- Add peppermint extract and food colouring and mix until fully combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cream of tartar.
- Add dry ingredients to wet mixture and blend with electric mixer.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for 45 minutes
- Form small balls of dough and place on cookie sheet
- Cook for 8-10 minutes