Close your eyes, just for a second, and picture this: a baked potato with the perfect amount of cheese melted into it, topped with sour cream, onions and crispy bacon. You may be familiar with the classic hasselback potato (which you should try if you haven’t already), but there’s still so much more you can do to up your potato game. In fact, you can get that ideal ratio of cheese to potato all while making your creation look like it’s worth a million bucks. Prepare yourself for an incredible explosion of tastes and ingredients.
LOADED HASSLEBACK POTATOES
What you need
- 4 russet potatoes
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, thinly sliced
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
What you do
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Make crosswise cuts in each potato with a sharp knife. Cuts should be about 1/8-inch apart, stopping about 1/4 inch from bottom.
- Place slices of butter between the cuts, and pop into microwave for 10-12 minutes.
- Once cool, add slices of cheddar cheese between slits.
- Move potatoes to a baking sheet. Put into oven and bake until potato is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Top potatoes with sour cream, bacon, chives and shredded cheese before serving.