Mornings are hard enough. Why make them any worse by starting with a boring breakfast? This bake is the perfect way to add some excitement to the start of your day. If you don’t think too hard, the coconut oil, oats and quinoa even make it healthy! What more could we possibly ask for in the morning?
CHOCOLATE CHUNK QUINOA BREAKFAST BAKE
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks or chips
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut, optional
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
WHAT YOU DO
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with butter or nonstick spray.
- Whisk together flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl, and set aside.
- In a large bowl or mixer, beat coconut oil and Greek yogurt together until combined, then mix in sugars.
- One at a time, beat in eggs (waiting for the first to be fully incorporated before adding the second), then mix in vanilla extract.
- Stir in quinoa, then, working in batches, add in dry ingredients until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chunks and coconut, if using, and pour mixture into greased baking dish. Smooth over the surface, then place dish in oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until edges are brown and pulling away from the sides of the dish, and center is still slightly soft.
- Remove from oven and let cool 15 minutes before cutting into squares. Serve warm or at room temperature and enjoy!