Toss your frozen pizza aside to make way for this cheesy masterpiece! We all know deep frying makes anything taste better (I’m looking at you, deep fried pickles) and this pizza’s no exception. By using deep fried cheese as crust, there’s no pesky bread to get in the way of you and that pizza-filled bliss. Trust us when we say it’s worth every cheesy bite.
DEEP FRIED CHEESE PIZZA
What you need
- 1 wheel mozzarella chese, cut into a circle
- Shredded mozzarella, to taste
- Pizza sauce, to taste
- Flour, enough to coat cheese wheel
- Panko breadcrumbs, enough to coast cheese wheel
- Three eggs, beaten
- Pepperoni slices
What you do
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Fill three separate bowls with flour, breadcrumbs and eggs respectively.
- Take the wheel of mozzarella and coated it in flour.
- Next, dip mozzarella wheel in egg wash, then dip in bowl of breadcrumbs. Make sure wheel is completely covered.
- In a pan, heat oil to 375F.
- Using a large, metal spatula (preferably slotted), slowly and carefully lower the cheese into the hot oil.
- Fry for a couple of minutes until golden brown.
- Transfer the fried cheese onto a baking sheet. Top with tomato sauce, shredded cheese and pepperoni.
- Bake in oven for ten minutes at 350F. Then, Enjoy!