Does your chicken need a little jazzing up? Maybe a little zip in its step? How about a little lemon and garlic to give the bird some pep? This one-pan recipe is perfect for the whole family. It’s rich, creamy, and zesty all at the same time. “Bland” will be banished from your vocabulary. Intrigued? Get cooking!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons basil, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Lemon slices for garnish
WHAT YOU DO
- Preheat oven to 375º F
- Pound chicken breasts out to 1/2-inch thickness. Season both sides generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large, oven-proof skillet and brown chicken breasts over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and sauté red onion in remaining juices until softened (approximately 6-8 minutes). Season with salt and pepper.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute, or until fragrant, then pour in chicken broth, lemon juice and red pepper flakes.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes, or until thickened. Make sure to scrape up browned bits from the bottom of skillet.
- Remove skillet from heat and whisk in heavy cream. Return to low heat and cook for 30 seconds, then remove from heat again.
- Return chicken to pan and cover it in sauce.
- Place skillet in oven and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through completely.
- Remove from oven and top with fresh basil and lemon. Serve warm and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Little Spice Jar