Get ready for the easiest, dreamiest cake that could ever cross your plate. You should be a fan of peanut butter and Oreos, but really, who isn’t? It’s an icebox cake, which means it’s the perfect cool treat to usher in some warmer weather. Or to eat your feelings on a cold day. There’s really no bad time for it. It also only has five ingredients which makes it the perfect dessert for your kids to master, so you can just sit back and reap the benefits!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 (16 oz.) container Cool Whip
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter, crunchy or creamy
- 3/4 cup fudge sauce, or to taste
- 1/4-1/3 cup peanuts
- 1 box Oreos, divided
WHAT YOU DO
- Line an 8×8-inch baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Create four rows of Oreos along the bottom of your baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, mix together Cool Whip and peanut butter until totally combined.
- Spread 1/2 of the peanut butter mixture over the Oreo crust and then top with another layer of Oreos, and 1/2 cup fudge.
- Spread the remaining peanut butter mixture on top, and then top with remaining fudge.
- Crumble remaining Oreos and sprinkle them over the top, along with the peanuts
- Place in refrigerator for 4-8 hours, or overnight, or in freezer for 3-4 hours.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Something Swanky