The two best foods in the world just joined forces to produce the most heavenly creation known to man: the pizza cake. Clearly, pizza and cake are a match made in heaven. Bite through layer after layer of cheese, sauce and pepperoni because how could you possibly say no to something so good? Although this recipe isn’t for the light-hearted (or anyone on any kind of diet… unless it’s an all-you-can-eat pizza diet), this recipe’s about to take you on one hell of a ride.
QUADRUPLE-DECKER PIZZA CAKE
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 container classic Pillsbury pizza dough
- Tomato sauce from a jar
- Three to four handfuls of shredded cheese
- 1 sheet parchment paper
WHAT YOU DO
- Roll out pizza dough and trace a circular, baking-friendly dish into the dough four times to make four circles of dough.
- Bake at 400F for 8 minutes.
- Use the same bake-friendly dish to measure out a strip from remaining dough that can cover the sides, inside the dish.
- Put a piece of parchment paper inside the dish and use strip of dough to cover sides, curling the edges of dough around rim of the dish.
- Put one of the baked circles of dough at bottom of dish followed by sauce, pepperoni and cheese. Repeat pattern three more times.
- Curl edges of dough on the rim of the dish inwards.
- Bake at 400F for 25 minutes.
- Cut yourself a piece of that monster cake (maybe even before serving everyone else).
Recipe by Zest VIP.