Your ideal week-night dinner is a beacon at the end of a long day, requires little preparation, and leaves you with some delicious leftovers. These sweet and salty chicken thighs check all the boxes and will definitely become one of your favourite quick dinner go-tos. Plus, they only require one pan, so what’s not to love?
SWEET AND SALTY CHICKEN THIGHS
WHAT YOU NEED
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 tablespoon red chili pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
WHAT YOU DO
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper and add to skillet.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until they start to brown, then flip and cook an additional 3-4 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, maple syrup, and red pepper, and pour over chicken in skillet.
- Bring to a boil then immediately reduce heat. Simmer chicken in sauce until it thickens to a glaze-like consistency, about 5-10 minutes, flipping every minute or so to ensure the chicken is coated.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!