Potatoes are extremely versatile by nature. We mash, fry, bake and grate them all for the purpose of filling the extra space on a plate. But Hasselback potatoes are a little less familiar than the usual mashed potatoes that you served at your last dinner party. If you’re ready to step outside your comfort zone and experience true crispiness one bite at a time, this classic Hasselback potato recipe’s definitely worth a try .
What you need
- 4 potatoes
- 1 sheet parchment paper
- Olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter
What you do
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut one edge of each potato off length-wise so potatoes can lay flat on counter.
- Lay chopsticks flat on either side of potato. Cut thin slits in potato, stopping before you hit the chopsticks. Repeat with remaining potatoes.
- Line pan with parchment paper. Place potatoes on pan and set aside.
- Pour enough oil in pot to cover bottom.
- Add garlic and generous pinch of rosemary to pot and stir.
- Drizzle mixture over potatoes
- Pop into oven for an hour or until golden brown.
- Melt butter in same pot used for garlic and rosemary.
- Cover potatoes in butter mixture.
Recipe adapted from Rumble