If it were up to us, Doritos would have their own food group. They are the perfect blend of crunch, and flavour, which makes them the perfect addition to this tex-mex casserole. It’s basically like eating a tray full of nachos, but without all the messy dipping. And yes, you will want to eat the entire tray. The recipe calls for the nacho cheese flavour, but go ahead and experiment if you want to. It’s what your taste buds would want.
CHICKEN DORITO CASSEROLE
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 bag of nacho cheese Doritos
- 3 cups of cooked chicken, cubed
- 3 cups of shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 can of fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 can of corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of green chillies
WHAT YOU DO
- Preheat oven to 350º F and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Crush 3/4 of the Doritos into small pieces and line the bottom of the baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, mix together cream cheese and sour cream until combined.
- Stir in chicken, 1 cup of cheese, chicken soup, diced tomatoes, corn, and green chillies.
- Pour mixture over the Doritos in the baking dish.
- Top with remaining 2 cups of cheese.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and top with remaining Doritos.
- Dig in!
Recipe adapted from Wheel’n Deal Mama