If you can’t think of anything better than an Oreo, you’re not thinking big enough. Sure, Oreos are one of the best cookies ever made (thank you, Mr. Christie), but they are just the beginning. Think a little outside the (cookie) box and there is a whole world of dessert possibilities! Like, maybe crush up those Oreos and make a LASAGNA? Yup, that sounds like a good idea.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 package regular Oreo cookies (not Double Stuff)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 12 ounce tub Cool Whip, divided
- 2 packages chocolate instant pudding
- 3 1/4 cups + 2 tablespoons cold milk
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
WHAT YOU DO
- Crush one package of Oreos in a food processor until they have turned into fine crumbs. Then transfer the Oreo crumbs into a large bowl.
- Stir in the melted butter and transfer the mixture to a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Make sure to press crust firmly into the pan.
- In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sugar and 2 tbsp of milk until light and fluffy. Stir in 1 1/4 cups Cool Whip. Spread half of this mix over the crust.
- Combine chocolate instant pudding with 3 1/4 cups cold milk. Whisk until the pudding starts to thicken.
- Spread pudding over the previous cream cheese layer. Spread the remaining Cool Whip over the top.
- Sprinkle mini chocolate chips over the top. Place the pan the freezer for one hour and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Zest VIP