- 1 cup PC Blue Menu Celeb Margarine – Lactose Free
- 1 clove garlic, grated on a microplane rasp
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 bunches red beets, stems and leaves removed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In bowl, stir together margarine, garlic, chives and tarragon until combined. Transfer to small bowl; cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Scrub beets and place in shallow baking dish. Toss with oil and salt; cover tightly with foil. Bake in centre of oven for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until beets are tender. Remove foil; set aside until cool enough to handle but still warm. Using fingers, gently remove skins from beets. Cut each beet into 6 or 8 wedges.
- Place beet wedges in bowl. Add 3 tbsp (45 mL) of the herb spread to warm beets; toss until margarine is melted. Transfer to serving platter. Serve immediately.
- Spoon remaining herb spread onto a piece of plastic wrap. Roll up into a log; store in freezer for future use.
- Makes 4 servings.
TIP: Slice frozen leftover spread into rounds as needed. Herb spread is delicious over seafood, grilled steak or steamed vegetables.
Recipe courtesy President’s Choice