Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Roasted Garlic & Herb Tahini Dressing
Serves 2 as a main dish, 4 as a side
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 lb Brussels Sprouts
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 6 turns freshly cracked black pepper
For the Tahini Dressing
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup tahini
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ¼ cup lemon juice, from above lemon
- ¼ cup water, plus more as needed to thin dressing
- ½ teaspoon honey or agave
- 1 tablespoon dill, fresh
- 1 tablespoon chives, fresh
- 1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley, fresh
- ½ tablespoon mint leaves, fresh
- ½ teaspoon Dijon
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt (only because I asked you to use Kosher salt above; feel free to use what you have)
- 4 turns freshly cracked black pepper
- pomegranate arils (1/4 cup or more, according to your taste)
WHAT YOU DO:
- Preheat oven to 425°F, with a large baking sheet inside.
- To prep the Brussels sprouts, cut off brown end on each, discard any tarnished outer leaves, and halve lengthwise. Add to a large bowl and toss well with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place the garlic clove (no need to peel) onto a piece of foil. Drizzle with a teaspoon of olive oil and wrap with a tight seal.
- Once oven has come to temperature, use a towel or oven mitts to remove the hot baking sheet. Working quickly, pour the sprouts onto the hot pan, spreading evenly, and snuggle the foil pack on there as well. Roast in the preheated oven 20 minutes, tossing once to ensure even roasting.
- Once sprouts are roasted, turn off oven and remove the baking sheet. Unwrap the garlic clove, discard and peel, and add to a blender or food processor with the other tahini dressing ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- To serve, place the baking sheet with the roasted sprouts back into the still-warm oven to reheat slightly. Once reheated, transfer to a serving platter, drizzle with the tahini dressing, garnish with pomegranate arils, and serve immediately.