ROASTED SWEET POTATOES WITH ONION, DILL, AND CARAWAY SEEDS
Onions, dill, and caraway seeds give flavor to a lot of Polish dishes. The twist with this dish is applying those flavors to a vegetable you don’t often find on a Polish menu: sweet potato. This recipe is very easy to make but feels like a restaurant quality side thanks to a punch of anise flavor from the caraway seeds.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 3 sweet potatoes or yams, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 small white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp caraway seeds, toasted
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 sprigs dill, finely chopped
WHAT YOU DO:
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, combine sweet potatoes (or yams), onions, oil, and caraway seeds, and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Spread mixture on a baking sheet and roast for 30–40 minutes, until lightly browned and tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer sweet potatoes to a serving platter. Garnish with chopped dill and serve.