Salmon & Chanterelle Mushrooms on Toast
Serves 4-6 people
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1/2 cup (125ml unsalted butter, softened divided)
- 1 x 4oz-6oz sustainable sourced Salmon, cooked and flaked
- 2 x cups chanterelle mushrooms, lightly brushed clean.
- 2 tablespoon fresh thyme, plus extra for garnish
- 4 slices multigrain bread
- 4 tablespoon grainy mustard divided
- Fresh black pepper
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese, grated
WHAT YOU DO:
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt half the butter.
- Add the mushrooms and fresh thyme and cook for 3-4 minutes until the mushrooms turn slightly brown and softened.
- Add the cooked flaked salmon meat and mix well.
- Toast the bread and spread each slice with the remaining butter and mustard.
- Evenly divide and top each toast with the salmon mushrooms mixture.
- Garnish with the grated cheese and thyme. Serve warm and immediately!