- 1 pkg PC Blue Menu Italian Farro Precooked Spelt
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely diced white onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp PC black label Harissa Spice Blend Moroccan Seasoning
- 4 cups stemmed and thinly sliced kale
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 6 PC Splendido Sun-Dried Tomatoes in Seasoned Oil, drained and sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In large saucepan, bring 8 cups (2 L) water to a boil over high heat. Stir in farro. Return to a boil; reduce heat to medium-high. Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Drain; set aside.
- In large nonstick frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté for 3 minutes. Add garlic, spice blend and kale. Continue to sauté, stirring, for about 3 minutes or until kale is wilted.
- Stir in farro, lemon rind, lemon juice, sun-dried tomatoes and all but 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the almonds; cook for 1 minute, stirring, or until heated through.
- Transfer to serving bowl; sprinkle with remaining almonds.
Recipe courtesy Marc Ruston for President’s Choice