Beauty expert Carly Ostroff recommends some of her favourite skin saviours to swap into your beauty routine for some heavy-hitting hydration.
Simple Skincare Hydrating Cleansing Oil
- WHY WE LOVE IT: Oil-based products are huge for winter months for their major moisturizing benefits. This cleansing oil is formulated with grapeseed and multivitamins to add hydration back to dry skin without having a greasy feel. Plus, at the end of the day, you can use it to dissolve makeup and cleanse pores on even the most sensitive skin types.
Biologique Recherche Crème Masque Vernix
- WHY WE LOVE IT: They always say French girls do it better, and few beauty products prove it like this one. From the cult French brand comes a super-moisturizing mask that repairs and protects skin during harsh winter months. It’s formulated with active ingredients rich in lipids and proteins and can also be used as a daily moisturizer.
Pure + Simple Super Hydrating Face and Neck Mask
- WHY WE LOVE IT: After you take off a typical face mask, you’re supposed to rub excess product into the skin, but it’s almost like an afterthought. We all want beauty products that do more, and this mask delivers two times the benefits because it covers off the face and neck at the same time. It’s been formulated with algae extract and hyaluronic acid, which makes for a potent but gentle product that can be used by all skin types.
Philosophy Ultimate Miracle Retinol + Superfood Oil Pads
- WHY WE LOVE IT: The nighttime solution gives a whole new meaning to beauty sleep. It’s packed with retinol, which delivers clinically proven anti-aging results, but it’s balanced with superfood oils like pomegranate, argan and olive oil that work to nourish the outer layer of skin. Before bed, simply pour the solution over pads and apply it to face to soften skin and give radiance.
Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury Facial Oil
- WHY WE LOVE IT: If there’s one line everyone is talking about right now, it’s Drunk Elephant – a new company that’s all about creating products using the purest form of ingredients possible. This facial oil is like rehab for skin. It’s made with pure cold-pressed marula oil, which protects from environmental stressors, and antioxidants and omegas, which restore glow. And yes, this facial oil is going to work wonders on skin, but you can also use a few drops on hair to eliminate frizz or on cuticles to hydrate.
eos Vanilla Orchid Crystal Smooth Lip Balm
- WHY WE LOVE IT: Let’s face it – we all get dry lips in winter. Eos’ new lip balm is the next generation of lip care that really helps hydrate without the heaviness of wax. This version is vegan and gluten free, and it’s formulated with delicious ingredients like sheer shea butter and coconut oil to give you soft and smooth lips all season long.
Decléor 1000 Grains Body Exfoliator
- WHY WE LOVE IT: Call it a scrub, but this product for all skin types is so much more. This innovative 3-phase formula starts as a gel and turns into an oil during massage for easy application, and then turns into a milk upon contact with water for quick rinsing, leaving skin softer, smoother and refined. It contains argan shell and pearl sugar for optimal exfoliation and is infused with almond and grapefruit essential oils, so its scent is sublime.
Being By Sanctuary Spa Salted Caramel and Macadamia Body Butter
- WHY WE LOVE IT: This cheeky London-based company just launched its line of bath products in Canada. The salted caramel and macadamia body butter not only smells like heaven, but also contains cocoa and shea butter for the hydration dry skin craves in winter. After a bath or shower, apply the product all over for 24 hours of moisture.