Shrimp Fried Cauliflower Rice
Simple and delicious, this healthier low carb version of your favourite classic Chinese take-out is packed full of veggie goodness and protein. The perfect weeknight meal that you can throw together in 10 minutes!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced or 1 teaspoon minced garlic from the jar
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 lb. or 12 large raw shrimp, tail removed and defrosted if using frozen
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 4 cups cauliflower rice or 1 small head of cauliflower, grated
- 2 cups mixed frozen vegetables (corn, green beans, green peas, carrots)
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- 2 large eggs
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Sliced green onions for garnish
- Black sesame seeds for garnish
WHAT YOU DO:
- In a large pot, heat the sesame oil on medium. Add the garlic, ginger and onions and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the shrimp, chinese five spice, dried chilli and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring continuously until the shrimp is mostly pink and opaque.
- Add the cauliflower rice, frozen vegetables, tamari, water and stir until well combined. Bring the heat up to high, cover and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Create a well in the middle of the cauliflower rice and break the eggs into the well. Season with salt and pepper and using your spatula, scramble up the eggs to cook for about 1 min until slightly firm before mixing through into the rice and shrimp for another minute until cooked.
- Serve immediately garnished with sliced green onions and sprinkled with sesame seeds. Store any cooled leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.