Makes 1 ½ cups
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
Flavourings, such as:
- 1 thinly sliced clementine + 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 1 sprig rosemary or other woodsy fresh herbs
WHAT YOU DO:
- In a small pot set over medium heat, combine the water and sugar and bring to a simmer. Add in the flavouring of your choice and allow the mixture to simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has fully dissolved, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the simple syrup from the heat and allow the flavours to steep in the syrup for 10 to 20 minutes or until the syrup tastes strongly of whatever your mix in is.
- Strain the flavour mix ins from the syrup and bottle the syrup for gifting.
- Store the syrup in the fridge until ready to use in delicious cocktails and mocktails!