You won’t want to wait until it’s dark to switch on this customized lampshade. Just pick your favourite paper and get gluing. It’s that easy.
What you need
- lamp base
- drum shade
- gift wrap
- hot glue gun
What you do
- Measure height of drum shade.
- Lay out gift wrap. Mark off height of drum shade, plus one inch higher on top and bottom.
- Use piece of jute to measure circumference of the shade.
- Lay jute out on gift wrap. Mark length of drum’s start and stop point plus one inch extra.
- Cut along marked-off line scissors.
- Glue along height of drum and carefully attach wrapping paper.
- Once completely wrapped, clamp bottom of lamp using clothes pin.
- Apply glue to rim of shade. Carefully fold over paper, securing with a clamp until dry.
- Decorate rim with braided strands of jute.