Bacon and egg cups
The convenience of these egg muffin cups can help fuel your breakfasts throughout the week. Packed with veggies, bacon and cheese you can easily swap out what veggies you add depending on what you have in your fridge. Mushrooms, chopped kale, spinach and onions are all great options!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes, plus cooling time
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 1 cup finely chopped broccoli florets
- 12 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup grated old cheddar cheese
WHAT YOU DO:
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a large non-stick pan, cook bacon over medium heat until crispy, about 5-8 minutes. Drain bacon on paper towel. In same pan sauté red pepper and broccoli over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs with salt, pepper and cheddar cheese. Pour egg mixture into a measuring cup for easy pouring.
- Evenly divide cooled vegetables and bacon between muffin cups. Evenly divide egg mixture between cups. Place in oven and bake until puffed and golden and a toothpick inserted into the centre of the egg cup comes out clean, about 22-25 minutes. Let cool in pan 5 minutes before removing to a rack to cool completely.