At the Hervé Léger show at New York Fashion Week, the beauty wasn’t harsh or super structured. In fact, TRESemmé stylists used just two products to create an ultra-chic braided crown pony—and you can, too! Seriously, it’s stylish, feminine and dead simple.
— Herve Leger (@HerveLeger) September 13, 2015
1. First, give yourself a deep side part. (That means combing down to the scalp and out.)
2. Next, spray your hair with TRESemmé Fresh Start Volumizing Dry Shampoo to add a bit of grit, which will make your hair that much easier to work with.
3. Now, it’s time to braid: Start at the front of your head with three small pieces of hair but, instead of weaving the outside sections over the middle section like a normal braid, weave them under.
4. Continue the braid along the hairline on one side; each time you go under, feed more hair into the braid. Leave out a few fly-away pieces for a softer, more tousled look.
5. Fasten the braid and the rest of your hair in a low pony at the nape of your neck. If you’ve got short hair, tuck the end of the pony in, under the braid.
6. Tug gently on the braid to loosen it. (Messy is good!) Finish with TRESemmé Perfectly (Un)done Waves Ultra-Brushable Hairspray to hold it all in place. C’est tout!