SWEET POTATO BLACK BEAN NACHO BAKE
Perfect for games night or a night in watching movies. This play on nachos packs a huge veg and fibre punch with the added protein of black beans. Tons of flavour, lots of fun, great for a party
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, washed and cut into 8 to 10 wedges
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons prepared taco seasoning
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1 ½ cups grated cheddar or nacho cheese
- Salsa verde (regular salsa will also work)
- Plain greek yogurt or Skyr
- Prepared guacamole
- ½ cup crumbled light feta cheese
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Pickled jalapenos
- Lime wedges
- Hot sauce
WHAT YOU DO:
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF and place the sweet potatoes, cauliflower, and red onion onto a large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle and toss the vegetables with olive oil followed by the taco seasoning and ground cumin. Spread the vegetables into an even layer and bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the veg are just tender and golden, flipping about halfway through.
- Remove the pan from the oven and stir in the minced garlic and rinsed black beans. Return the pan to the oven and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Transfer the veg and black bean mixture to a large cast iron skillet and layer on the grated cheese. Place the pan into the oven for another 5 to 10 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Top with salsa verde, dollops of the yogurt or skyr and guacamole, and scatter with the feta, green onions, pickled jalapenos, and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges and hot sauce and dig in!