WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups chopped parsley
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3 green onions
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Lime fused olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Pomegranate dark
- balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp Aleppo pepper or ¼ tsp chili flakes
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
WHAT YOU DO:
- Rinse the bulgur and place it in a small saucepan with 1 cup water. Bring to a boil, uncovered, over medium-high heat, allow to boil for a full minute, and then remove from the heat. Place a lid on top and let rest until the water is fully absorbed and the bulgur is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and let cool completely.
- Wash and thoroughly dry the parsley and mint. Gently chop them and the green onions into small pieces and place them in a large serving bowl. Chop and rinse the tomato to remove the seeds. Add the tomato to the herbs and then mix in the bulgur.
- Drizzle the salad with the olive oil, balsamic, lemon juice, Aleppo pepper, and salt and pepper to taste, then toss gently to fully combine without bruising the herbs. Serve immediately. This salad is best enjoyed the day it’s made.