Nickelback. Nickelback. Nickelback.
They’re the band everyone — and we mean everyone — loves to hate. Whenever their name comes up in conversation you can bet you’ll see people react like this:
and/or like this:
It just can’t be helped, OK? The vitriol that spews out of people’s mouths about the Canadian band is, yes, at times, cringe-worthy, but we’ll be the first to admit that we find the jabs equally amusing/pee-your-pants hilarious. Like that time someone…
1. …wrote an
essay opinion piece titled “Why we hate Nickelback” that was 30 paragraphs long.
Here’s a “short” snip it:
2. Or that time cops in Australia tweeted this:
Urgent police warning: Men matching this description expected to be committing musical crimes in Boondall tonight. pic.twitter.com/iTI6ShuO2K
— QPS Media Unit (@QPSmedia) May 20, 2015
3. and then Facebooked this:
God, they’re good.
4. Or what about that man who did this excruciating thing to raise close to $40,000 for charity?
5. and then said this to his supporters:
6. Whoever asked this makes a good point — and a good burn:
Thank you, Avril. THANK YOU.
7. Same goes for this one:
Blame Bush for Nickelback.
8. We can’t confirm whether the real David Grohl tweeted this:
But we’ll acknowledge its greatness either way.
9. “Viruses over Nickelback” sounds like a great band name:
Just clicked on an ad that said “Free Albums Here” But It linked to a download of a Nickelback album. Would have rather just gotten a virus.
— Pamela Perez (@bungalowhonk) May 22, 2015
10. We’re sorry to report that this page has since been shut down:
Pickle for the win. RIP.
11. Here’s a double whammy:
Be careful Canada, you’ve given us Justin Bieber and Nickelback, one more strike and the Death Star will attack.
— Darth Vader Secrets (@darthsecret) May 27, 2015
12. Remember that time Black Keys’ Patrick Carney said this:
13. This never gets old:
14. and then gave this half-assed apology?
15. Finally, we’ll end off with this short and sweet jab:
Want more Nickelback? We got you: