Thanks to the release of a certain intergalactic super-movie that completely took over the box office (and our lives) last weekend, many of us missed the release of Sisters, the hilarious-looking new flick starring best friends Tina Fey and Amy Poehler.
Since we all love watching Tina and Amy’s awesome friendship in real life and even more so on the big screen, we started thinking; which movie BFFs established a big screen bestie-bond that trumps all others in the history of cinema? We then of course came up with the answers.
Here’s a look at the 12 greatest big screen besties of all time, definitively ranked.
The greatest big screen BFFs of all time, definitively ranked
12. Enid and Rebecca (Ghost World)A best-friendship is extra special when it involves two social outcasts that bond over being equally as quirky. We got that with Enid and Rebecca. Their geeky friendship was infectious.United Artists
11. Harry & Sally (When Harry Met Sally)We all knew that besties Harry and Sally would eventually end up as a couple. Their personalities lined up perfectly. They weren't just ultimate BFFs, they were soulmates too. Aw.Columbia Pictures
10. Bill & Ted (Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure)Bill and Ted weren't the brightest dudes in Cali, but their friendship was most righteous. Their brotherly bond led to a bodacious band, a gnarly trip through time and one totally excellent history paper.Orion Pictures
9. Buzz & Woody (Toy Story)Are there better animated besties than Buzz and Woody? The pair have shared highs and lows together for the past 20 years and have remained BFFs through all of it. Impressive for a couple of tough guys.Disney/Pixar
8. Cher & Dionne (Clueless)Cher and Dionne's common interests may have been superficial, but their friendship was 100 per cent genuine. They bickered, but they were always there for each other. They were the prototype of solid high school besties.Paramount Pictures
7. Cameron & Ferris (Ferris Bueller's Day Off)Ferris and Cameron couldn't have been more different. Cam was an uptight hypochondriac and Ferris was a carefree party boy, but somehow they brought out the best in each other. And we loved it!Paramount Pictures
6. Frodo & Sam (The Lord of the Rings)Frodo and Sam were big screen BFFs that embodied the term "bro-mance." Through war and peace, they were all about love and loyalty for each other. Precious indeed.New Line Cinema
5. Derek and Hansel (Zoolander)Derek and Hansel went from being bitter enemies to perfect BFFs after discovering that they were essentially the same lovably dense person. Their childlike bond was beyond endearing. We can't wait to see them again next year!Paramount Pictures
4. Wayne & Garth (Wayne's World)Fame and fortune could never separate Wanye and Garth, no matter how hard Benjamin Cain or Bobby Cahn tried. They proved they weren't just BFFs, they were brothers. Schwing!Paramount Pictures
3. Ron, Harry & Hermione (Harry Potter)Of course the triad of besties from Harry Potter made our list! These BFFs did everything together from graduating Hogwarts to defeating pure evil. That's a special bond.Warner Bros. Pictures
2. Annie & Lillian (Bridesmaids)Kristen Wiig and Maya Rudolph never appear to be acting . Their movie friendship feels completely authentic, like a spill over from real life. We all wanted to hang with them in Bridesmaids.Universal Pictures
1. Tina & Amy (Sisters, Mean Girls, Baby Mama)Tina and Amy inspired this list for a reason. They set the standard for big screen BFFs. Whether it's movies, SNL or award show hosting, we always feel the love between these ladies. Everything they do together is hilariously golden.Universal Pictures