If you’re hosting Thanksgiving dinner this year, you might want to make sure you’re available to host again next year. Why? Because your family and friends will insist on inviting themselves over again (and again) once you serve them this beautifully glazed spiral ham. Infused with orange and soy, this recipe will easily feed eight to 10 of your nearest and dearest for dinner, but we can’t promise they’ll be any leftovers.
What you need
- 1 4kg spiral cut ham, bone in
- 1 cup marmalade
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grainy Dijon mustard
What you do
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 325°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the marmalade, honey, soy sauce and mustard.
- Skewer the ham with toothpicks or bamboo skewers, ensuring the meat stays together while cooking, and place on an oven-proof pan.
- Brush the top and sides of the ham with 1/3 of the glaze.
- Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 155°F, glazing the roast every 30 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove the ham from the oven and cover loosely with foil. Let the roast rest for 10 minutes.
- Garnish as desired and serve with pan juices.
Recipe developed by Michael Elliott.