- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons palm sugar
- 3 tablespoons Tamarind Juice
- 140 gms Narrow Rice Noodles (Sen Lek), soaked for 5 minutes
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup yellow bean curd tofu, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons shallot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickled radish, chopped
- 15 gms dried shrimp, rinsed and deep fried
- 4 shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced 1-inch length
- Sliced lime, bean sprouts, banana blossom, roasted peanuts – roughly pounded
- green onions, sliced 4-inch length
- Chili powder
For Tamarind Juice: Boil 50 gms of shelled tamarind in ¾ cup water for 5 minutes and run through sieve.
WHAT YOU DO:
- In a pot, heat all seasoning sauce ingredients until boiling for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a wok, add narrow rice noodles and sprinkle some water. Stir thoroughly until soft and lumpy. Set aside.
- Heath three tablespoons of vegetable oil in a wok. Fry yellow bean curd tofu until yellow. Then add dried shrimps and fry until crispy.
- Add garlic, shallot, sweet pickled radish and stir until fragrant. Add shrimps and stir until cooked.
- Add noodles and Pad Thai seasoning. Stir fry until dry.
- Add (a little oil is optional here) beaten egg. Swirl around and leave.
- Add half portion of bean sprouts and green onions and stir well. Spoon onto a serving plate.
- Garnish with bean sprouts (remove the tails), green onions, sliced lime, chili powder and pounded roasted peanuts
- Banana blossom could also be served along