People, stop naming your kids after the rich and famous. If your newborn daughter’s last name is Spears, for the love of god don’t name her Britney. Just don’t. “I would never do that!” you say, but the facts don’t lie. 20 per cent of parents turn to TV for name ideas, and 16 per cent look to celebrities for inspiration, according to Baby Center.
There is a plethora of normal, everyday folk who share their names with celebs they’re apparently (and understandably) tired of being compared with.
How do we know? It all started when Humans of New York — a project dedicated to showcasing average people in, you know, NYC (and all over the world) — shared the story of a young girl who happened to be named Beyonce on Facebook.
Pretty soon, other people who’ve been struggling with this same issue decided to voice their frustrations in the comment section.
1. This MaryKate Olsen’s heard all the jokes before.
2. But at least another Full House alum has all the MaryKates’ back.
3. First name: Mary, last name: Kate has a smart mouth.
4. Elsa really doesn’t want to build a snowman.
5. This Katy Perry isn’t rich, but she could be.
6. And she brought another Katy Perry out of the woodworks.
7. Lionel Richie isn’t this Nicole Ritchie’s father.
8. Rihanna and Adele should be friends.
9. Enough with the Chris Brown jokes. Seriously.
10. FYI, J-Lo doesn’t have a landline phone anymore.
11. At least Julia Roberts still has a good head on her shoulders.
Now, this isn’t the first time people with celebrity names have emerged from their cocoons. Here are some Redditors who shared their tragic stories:
12. Sam [Will] Smith just can’t win.
13. Don’t ask this Jackson to moonwalk.
14. Ugh, this famous Jackson is the worst.
15. Jennifer Gray knows way too much about Jennifer Grey…
Wow. That’s a lot of drama. But, let’s be honest, at least none of these guys are named Michael Bolton, right?