Chocolate covered strawberries are nothing new, but chocolate covered strawberries that look like adorable mini carrots? We need to know more! These delicious treats are as cute as they are easy to make, which makes them the perfect last-minute addition to your Easter brunch. We have a feeling the Easter bunny would welcome a change from his regular carrots, too.
CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY CARROTS
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 10oz yellow melting chocolate
- 1/8 tsp of red food colouring gel
WHAT YOU DO
- Thoroughly wash and dry strawberries before you begin.
- Place melting chocolate into a heatproof bowl. Melt over a double boiler, approximately three to four minutes, stirring constantly. Remove bowl from heat.
- Working quickly, dip each strawberry into chocolate, ensuring to coat the whole berry up to the stem. Set on wire cookie rack with parchment paper underneath or directly onto parchment paper.
- Once all strawberries have been dipped, fill a small baggie with the melted chocolate to create a piping bag. Snip the corner and pipe lines over each carrot.
- Let cool until chocolate hardens before digging in.