Potato-lovers rejoice! We’ve found you the most mouth-watering potato skins recipe that will cause your belly to rumble until you’re able to chow down on them. Whether it’s for kids or adults, this TGI Friday’s-inspired stuffed potato skins recipe will satisfy anyone’s cravings:
What you need
- 6 russet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 slices applewood-smoked bacon
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
What you do
- Wash your potatoes, scrub them down in cold water and then dry them.
- Drizzle your grapeseed oil on the potatoes. Then, get your hands a little dirty by rubbing down the oiled potatoes. You want to make sure they’re fully coated.
- Now pop those bad boys in the oven for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Once your potatoes are done baking, let them cool down for a few minutes. We don’t want you to burn your hands.
- Slice them in half, lengthwise down the middle.
- Scoop out the flesh of the potato.
- Brush the insides with melted butter and toss a bit of salt and pepper on top of ’em.
- Put them back in the oven for 5-10 minutes so that they’re crispy and golden brown.
- Fill them up with the goodies: Shredded cheese and not-quite-crispy-bacon.
- Let your potatoes take a final trip to the oven for five minutes.
- Finally, all you need to do is add your dollop of sour scream and green onions to the top.
Bonus, remember that leftover potato flesh? You can use it to make delicious garlic and chive mashed potatoes: