Check out makeup artist Victoria Radford’s favourite beauty looks from the 2019 Golden Globes red carpet and how to get the look at home.
Trend 1: All-Over Pink
Bring out a natural rosiness all over your skin. This looks leaves all skin tone complexions looking fresh and healthy.
- Use two corresponding blush colours (one light/soft and one more vibrant) to achieve a soft pink all wash all over the skin.
- Using the lighter blush, sweep the colour across the eyelid and underneath creating a “V” all over the cheek and along the jawline.
- Take your darker blush and apply to the apples of the cheeks and blend, then concentrate on the crease of the eye to create the illusion of a sunrise.
- Finish it off with natural pink lips!
Trend 2: Metallic Eye
Metallics are a classic and they aren’t going anywhere soon! Metallic eyes have become more intense and have transitioned into more neutral tones matching the textures on one’s outfits and even changing the sheen of the skin.
- Using a metallic eyeshadow, wash it over the eye and take it down onto the skin to give it the same luminosity all over the face.
- Next, dip a second eye brush in some water and then apply a second layer of the same metallic shadow closer to the lash line. By wetting your brush, you’re adding a little bit more intensity and staying power.
- Wash a dry layer over top and trace that down the cheeks, over the eyebrows, down the nose, hit the Cupid’s bow and even the chest area.
Trend 3: Blurred Lip
For a more natural—yet bold—lip, try this technique!
- Start applying in the centre of the lip, and spread the product across your lips without making it look perfect.
- Soften the colour by blotting your lips from the middle out, to create a powdery wash look.
- The final look is meant to be diffused, with no sharp edges.
For this look, any matte or velvet product work best to create the softened look, as well as the use of fingers to apply, instead of a brush.