It can be hard growing up the only gal in a family full of boys: Instead of fairy wands, you got lightsabers; you were called a “tomboy” not a “princess.” And while that moniker was leveled at you like a dirty word, you grew to wear it like a badge of honour. For better or worse, your bros shaped (and shoved) you into the woman you are today.
Elena Michaels (Laura Vandervoort) knows the struggle all too well. She’s fighting the good fight every day on Bitten (Saturdays at 9 p.m. ET on Space) as the world’s only female werewolf. Mind you, she’s also dealing with the murder of her ex-boyfriend and the fact that she’s, well, a freaking werewolf, but when it comes to all the living-with-a-bunch-of-dudes stuff, she’s just like the rest of us.
1. Leftovers? What leftovers?
Teenaged boys gorge like food is going out of style. Your brothers grabbed all the seconds and licked their plates clean before you could even pick up your fork. To this day, you still wolf down your food like a ravenous hobo out of sheer self-preservation.
2. You didn’t get other girls
Going to your friends’ houses was like entering a vortex of Barbies and Jem dolls: You didn’t know what to do with them (other than cut their hair?) and couldn’t understand how pretend dates with Ken in a fancy plastic car was more fun than kicking a ball around.
3. You hated putting on a dress
No matter how much you begged and pleaded, your mom would squeeze you into one every once in a while (and make you actually comb your hair). Meanwhile, your brothers got to wear pants to special occasions.
4. Not that you had many to choose from
5. You have a knack for falling into friend zone
6. You thought bruises were the coolest
7. You played ball like a girl
And you were damned proud of it. While the other girls cheered at the road-hockey games from the sidelines, you were always the go-to goalie from all the times your brothers used you as target practice.
8. You wanted to be a Mighty Duck
9. Still, you cleaned up nicely
10. You’ve never made friends with salad
When faced with a big, juicy steak or another plate of what you refer to as “yard trimmings,” steak wins. Every. Single. Time. Actually, any kind of meat and carb doused with cheese is pretty much your jam.
11. You always picked the “boy” toy
12. Chun-Li and Sonya Blade were like the sisters you never had
13. Malls still make your heart race
14. At the end of the day, wouldn’t trade any of it
Bitten Season 2 premieres Saturday, February 7 at 9 p.m. ET on Space.