Life Parenting
  • Facebook
    Facebook
  • Twitter
    Twitter
  • Pinterest
    Pinterest
  • +
  • Linkedin
    Linkedin
  • WhatsApp
    WhatsApp
  • Email
    Email
SHARE THIS
  • Facebook
    Facebook
  • Twitter
    Twitter
  • Pinterest
    Pinterest
  • Linkedin
    Linkedin
  • WhatsApp
    WhatsApp
  • Email
    Email

As a lot of parents know, routine is pretty much the secret ingredient to any kind of normalcy when you have a baby in the house. What time they go for their naps. How much stimulation they can take during play time. When they get hungry and what they like to eat.

Well one dad has a warning message for parents everywhere when it comes to that last point. Justin Morrice was going about his normal routine with his baby girl, and gave her a few baby-branded cheese puffs after she finished her snack. He turned around to rinse the bowl and when he turned back, she was gasping for air because one of the things had become lodged in her throat.

Every. Parent’s. Worst. Nightmare.

So he did what he was taught — turned her upside down and slapped her on the back. When that didn’t work and her lips began turning blue, he went into full-on panic mode and jammed his own fingers down her throat to break the thing up. Thankfully it worked and he was able to get the thing out, but talk about the scariest moment of your life.

And, as it turns out, it was a moment that may have been avoidable if he had read the warning label on the can of puffs. As Morrice points out, on the side in very small letters, the packaging warns to discard the contents five days after breaking the seal. Why?

Well as he found out, the fresh puffs broke apart fairly easy to the touch. The older ones? They had a squishier texture and would not break apart, meaning they were more likely to become stuck.

“This is not a post to degrade Gerber in anyway. So many products post warning labels but unless you scan the product you can get ‘lazy’ as parents and it becomes routine,” the dad wrote on his Facebook wall. “I attached pics of the product and the warning on the side and my little girl sleeping after cuddles of the aftermath. So again this is just a warning to all parents…read the labels!”

Warning heeded. Now excuse us while we go hug our own babies.