There’s so many things you can do with Nutella, but this one takes the
cake bacon — literally.
Elevate all your senses with Nutella-covered bacon. It’s sweet and savoury and crunchy and … damn, we’re getting hungry just thinking about it. Thankfully, they’re super easy to make so let’s get started:
What you need
- 1 pound thick-cut bacon (12 strips)
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil
- Sea salt to garnish (optional)
What you do
- Pre-heat your oven to 400°F.
- Lay those bacon strips flat on the baking rack and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the bacon is very crispy.
- Put the Nutella and coconut oil in a small microwavable bowl and microwave for 45 seconds or until the coconut oil is melted and the Nutella is soft.
- Stir the Nutella and coconut oil concoction until it’s thoroughly combined.
- Next, let the bacon cool to room temperature, then use a pastry brush or knife to coat each piece with the Nutella mixture on both sides.
- Finally, refrigerate them on a baking rack for at least half an hour so that the Nutella hardens.
- And boom, they’re ready to be eaten up!