If you forgot that Mother’s Day was this Sunday and need a gift that will knock her socks off, you’re going to love this last-minute DIY project that will do just that.
Putting together this foot soak is so easy, you’ll wonder why you hadn’t thought of one for your own relaxation sooner. Not only can you customize it exactly to mom’s tastes, but its adorable packaging uses decoration you likely already have around your home. Best of all: it’ll only cost you a few dollars to assemble, but mom will feel like a million bucks. Win-win.
What you need
- Epsom salt
- peppermint extract (or other scent of choice)
- food colouring
- smooth rocks
- mason jar
- coloured string
- pretty accessories to decorate
What you do
- Start by pouring the Epsom salt into the mason jar.
- Dye the salts using food colouring in the hue of your choice. Just 4 to 6 drops will do.
- Pop on the lid, then shake! shake! shake!
- Add a teaspoon of your chosen scent. We like peppermint. Nice and soothing.
- Shake! shake! shake some more!
- Place the rocks on top of the salt.
- Time to decorate your jar! (We covered our lid with some pretty patterned paper, placed a fabric liner on top, and finished it off with some string.)
- Give to mom and let her enjoy!