Three Bean Turkey Chili
A delicious comforting meal! This hearty chilli is packed with lean ground turkey, three types of beans, spiced to perfection and cooked in seasoned tomatoes.
Prep Time 2 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 lb. extra lean ground turkey (450g)
- 1 garlic clove, minced or 1 teaspoon minced garlic from the jar
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 can (19 oz/540ml) seasoned canned diced tomatoes
- 1 cup canned refried pinto beans
- 1 ½ cups cooked or 1 can (15oz/398mL) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ cups cooked or 1 can (15oz/398mL) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Plain Greek or coconut yogurt for garnish
- Sliced green onions for garnish
- Corn Tortilla Chips on the side for dipping
WHAT YOU DO:
- In a large pot, heat the avocado oil on medium-high heat.
- Add the turkey, garlic, chilli powder, cumin, smoked paprika, cayenne and a pinch of salt and pepper. Break up the meat with a spatula, then cover and cook for 5 min, stopping half way to stir and break up the meat.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and refried beans, stir well to combine then cover and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the black beans and red kidney beans, cover and cook for another 3 minutes, stirring halfway to prevent sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Uncover the pot and simmer on high heat for 1 min, stirring often to evaporate some liquid and thicken the sauce.
- Serve hot with a dollop of plain greek yogurt and sliced green onions with corn chips. Store any cooled leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 to 4 days.