LOOK 1: THE CLIPPED TWIST
This is a simple look, but with a great clip or two, you can completely change and elevate a basic twist.
- First, set hair with slight texture.
- Next, spray an ample amount of texture spray and into hair and fasten in a low pony leaving soft pieces out in front.
- Now, twist the pony up and clip into place with a ponytail clip or two long clips placed one on top of the other.
- To ensure clip stays in place, slip a bobby pin over the clips to secure.
- Finally, pull twist apart slightly for a soft, romantic look.
LOOK 2: THE WRAPPED PONY
The low ponytail is a big hair trend this season. It’s a sleek and simple look, but by adding just the right accessories, you can easily add a lot of interest.
- First, set hair with texture if your hair isn’t naturally wavy or curly.
- Next, grab two sections of hair from either side, leaving lots of hair at the nape of the neck out.
- Create two small ponytails – one on each side – and wrap metallic cord from your local craft store around the elastic and down each ponytail about an inch.
- Lastly, connect the two ponytails through the metallic cord on each with a large embellished hair pin or brooch. If you’re working with smaller pins, use three pins to finish off the look.
LOOK 3: THE RAKED WAVE
Add a metallic hair comb or two into a deeply side-parted wave for a bit of extra glam.
- Before drying hair, add lots of mousse to root area which will support volume.
- Next, create a deep side part followed by a strong wave with a curling iron; brush out well and add texture powder to roots.
- Now, backcomb the area where you’re going to use your hair combs about an inch above the roots using a “C” motion.
- Finally, spray the small side back and fasten into place with your clips just behind the ear. For extra security, add a couple of bobby pins vertically over the combs.