Fall is here, which means there are a lot of new beauty trends to try out! This fall is all about powerful, don’t-mess-with-me looks, which is perfect timing because fall is typically when we’re more likely to experiment with our makeup versus in the warmer months when we often go for more effortless, barely-there makeup.
Makeup artist Victoria Radford highlights a few of her favourite looks for the season and how to achieve them.
TREND #1: PAINTBOX BRIGHTS
This look is all about strategically placed pigment for a really striking, painterly look and you can use ANY colour you’re into. Using pink or orange is great for this look they are the trendiest brights we’re seeing this fall.
- First, you want to prime your lids.
- Next, using your finger or shadow brush, press your product onto your lid, keeping it concentrated on the lid and diffusing upwards towards the brow.
TREND #2: METALLIC EYES
This metallic application really opens up and brightens the eye. This season’s metallic eye is not as neutral as in previous seasons, but is deliberately letting the metal shine like a diamond. It’s a real nod to the bold vibe that’s happening this fall.
- For a bold look, apply pigment with your finger starting from the inner corner of your eye and working outward on the lid, staying closer to the lash line; do the same to your lower lash line and stop once you reach your lashes.
- For a more subtle look, use a small brush to give you control and allow you to blend.
TREND #3: THE POWER LIP
- First, you need to make sure your lips are well hydrated; that’s really important.
- With most modern lipstick formulations, there’s no need for lip liner, so keep things simple and skip this step!
- Start in the centre of the mouth, and layer up to your desired intensity.
- Perfect the outer corners last and really take your time. You can use a sharp concealer brush to blend out any lopsidedness to keep things looking crisp.